Our physicians provide foot and ankle care in the Tri-County area including: Berkley, Southfield, Royal Oak, Oak Park, and Ferndale.
Drs. Hoffman, B. Kissel, C. Kissel, Schey, Ungar, and Weitzman provide quality, comprehensive foot and ankle care to patients in Berkley and the surrounding communities. Combined, they have over 100 years of experience in podiatry and a genuine concern for patients. In adddition, the NorthPointe Foot & Ankle staff is dedicated to promptly attending to your comfort and care.
This web site provides you with an overview of our practice and the field of podiatry. As you navigate the site, you'll find information about our practice philosophy, physicians, office location, insurance policies, and appointment scheduling procedures. Please browse the site at your convenience and contact us with any questions. You can also schedule an appointment by clicking here.
Should your care require surgical intervention, we are on staff at many area hospitals including:
- Detroit Medical Center (DMC)
- Beaumont Health - Royal Oak, Troy , Farmington Hills (Botsford)
- St. John Providence, St. John Medical Center
- Oakland Regional Hospital
Surgical Foot Correction - Visit our Educational Video Section
- Limit walking barefoot as it exposes feet to sunburn, as well as plantar warts, athlete's foot, ringworm, and other infections and also increases risk of injury to your feet.
- Wear shoes or flip-flops around the pool, to the beach, in the locker room and even on the carpeting or in the bathroom of your hotel room to prevent injuries and limit the likelihood of contracting any bacterial infections.
- Remember to apply sunscreen all over your feet, especially the tops and fronts of ankles, and don't forget to reapply after you've been in the water.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. This will not only help with overall health, but will also minimize any foot swelling caused by the heat.
- Some activities at the beach, lake or river may require different types of footwear to be worn so be sure to ask the contact at each activity if specific shoes are needed. To be safe, always pack an extra pair of sneakers or protective water shoes. If your shoes will be getting wet, they should be dried out completely before your next wearing to prevent bacteria or fungus from growing.
- Do not wear flip flops when playing sports or running.
- Do not wear flip flops while gardening or doing yard work.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen on all areas of your foot while wearing open shoes.
- Flip flops – for the pool, spa, hotel room, and airport security check points.
- Sterile bandages – for covering minor cuts and scrapes.
- Antibiotic cream – to treat any skin injury.
- Emollient-enriched cream – to hydrate feet.
- Blister pads or moleskin – to protect against blisters.
- Motrin or Advil (anti-inflammatory) – to ease tired, swollen feet.
- Sunscreen – to protect against the scorching sun.
- Aloe Vera or Silvadene cream – to relieve sunburns.
- Leg pain (cramping) that occurs while walking (intermittent claudication)
- Leg pain (cramping) that occurs while lying down (rest pain)
- Leg numbness or weakness
- Cold legs or feet
- Sores that won’t heal on toes, feet, or legs
- A change in leg color
- Loss of hair on the feet and legs
- Changes in toenails—color and thickness